Thursday, February 11, 2010

Alexander McQueen

I was shocked to learn early this morning that Alexander McQueen took his own life.

He was a phenomenal designer and was rocked by the suicide of his mentor and friend Isabella Blow 3 years ago and his mother last week. Those tragic events would sadden anyone!

Rest in peace and I hope you are in a happier place.

On the iNTeRWeBZ (geek talk for internet) I came across this beautiful creation by Alexander McQueen:








Natalia Vodianova in Alexander McQueen's Oyster Dress shot by Peter Lindbergh









I have not seen this gown until now and I have completely fallen in love with it! It is so dreamy. I want to get married in this dress--on a beach--in Thailand. Too bad it is not available. Would the spirit of McQueen get mad at me, a fashion grad student if I try to remake this dress? I don't think I could ever reproduce it.

According to the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Blog, it is from McQueen's Spring/Summer 2003 collection.

The Cut has a great display of McQueen's work over the years in a slideshow.



XOXO,
Alinda

No comments:

Post a Comment